Friday, 25 May 2018

The Physics Diet


.


.
Today I start the physics diet or the scientific way of understanding your body. It is a shame that human genes now are the most crucial factor in deciding whether your body is inclined to get fatter or not. I do not really care about things that  I can not change in the genes especially that the same genes were responsible for human survivals. I am talking about the genes that take what is left of sugars and proteins and store them in fats in the liver and further underneath the skin.

Well, I am documenting this for the purpose if I succeed I can share the knowledge and experience with other mates that have overweight problems (social problems because of being overweight are various, also health problems and heart problems). I am 20 years old now and I can not really feel the health problems of being overweight. That is the reason that makes younger people less interested in solving this problem. However, I can feel that when I do physical activity or games my big body mass is being a huge obstacle! (playing ping pong, football, and swimming). This info will be a huge heltoor me in the future.

"While most people lose weight not having an idea about what happened in their bodies. I am eager to understand what is happening so I can support my body with the best support" I said that Lol.


History of attempts that I recall:


When I was 13 I tried to use the pills that decrease the appetite and hunger, I lost something like 8Kgs but it had many side-effects so my parents forbade me from using them anymore. I was 80 by then. well, I was 175 cms height so my BMI was [80/1.75^2 =  26] it was under the category overweigh not obese. 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When I was 16 I weighted 136 Kgs - height 185 and after huge pressure from my parents, I had a month -weight loss- campaign in my village which is located on top of a 1084m mountain. I used a very hard diet and very hard training. this was my best attempt (since I had Iron will). Anyways, I basically ate eggs and tomatoes for breakfast, Tuna salad for lunch and that was it. also some other vegetables from the garden. I did not have multiple dishes since my family had economic troubles because of the economic collapse of my country back then. so after 40 days, I lost 30Kgs. It was a huge accomplishment. I continued after it 15 more days and lost another 5 other Kgs. So it was 35 Kgs in 55 Days!!! I still want to figure out How I did it without side effects!. I was climbing the mountain 2hrs in the evening and 1 hour in the morning and did nothing during the day.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was 17, I tried to do what I did when I was 16 but it was a total failure. I lost 5Kgs in 40 days. only. I did in the first days the same I did in the previous attempt but found no similar result so I basically lost my will to continue.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------







I did not try any serious attempt after the last one (of which ended up with total failure). Because the economy even collapsed that we can not afford high protein-low fat food. No one in the country can afford such things. the bread which is supported by the government was the only available cheap food. so basically we ate bread along with other stuff. So I could not really do other attempts. However, the main reason was that my previous attempt was a failure.


Here I will write a log of my life during the upcoming days for future attempts for others and myself.

LOG:

01.06.2018: I weighed myself and I was shocked, 166.8 Kg, I mean its crazy and I feel now not secured at all, I feel that I might get some heart diseases or some other diseases related to obesity I promised my self to work hard and avoid high-calorie food and drinks also avoid alcohol as it diminishes the will of losing weight, also avoid dates and focus on my diet and practice.

16.06.2018:  TodayI went to Sports Complex in my university and have been swimming for 25 minutes [not even intensively], well I was so tired that I barely could stand up to take a shower and left for dormitory.       
        I was very scared that this might be a sign of an irreversible disease like diabetes or heart diseases and shortness of breath. I googled the problem and read some articles but there was nothing beneficial though. "Swimming moves a vast number of muscles in the body it makes it crucial to the heart and lungs to work hard for supplying the body muscles for essential oxygen" one article referred'. Well, it makes sense why I was tired and breathed heavily. 
        I went out of the pool at 9:00 am and kept breathing fast and heavily until 9:30-9:35 am. I was walking slowly and breathing heavily. I laid on my bed and still breathing fast and feeling my heart beating fast. then it slowed down and came back to normal. 
        I should be pointing that I swam hard trying burn as much fat as I can. Water in the pool was not salty, thus it is more difficult to swim there in comparison to sea -salty- water. 
        I asked my friend which is nearly a medical faculty graduate about these symptoms if it is dangerous or not, he said we can not judge but if it keeps happening with easier activities then I should consider visiting a doctor. 
        In this day I measured my weight to find that it is 158.8-158.6 'swinging in between this range',
I was somehow happy that I lost 8 Kgs, not a big deal since my journey has just begun, but it is a good start, in my opinion, considering I have been on this diet for about two weeks now.

17.06.2018: It has been nearly two weeks and I am on diet, well I messed it up on two occasions but I kept going and I lost 8 Kgs. I am eager to keep up the work for my health.
          My diet is very low-calorie count. I eat once/twice a day. basically a dish of tomatoes and cucumber salad mixed with 200gs of breast chicken or 2-3 eggs. I also drink 1-2 cups of kefir which is some kind of Russian made yogurt or 'Laban' as the Levantine-Arabic word would suggest. It is written that this product has 33Kcal /100 gs which is okay for a very low-calorie diet. Sometimes I eat one apple or a banana or even an orange. I also consume diet coca cola or Pepsi light which they say it is almost like water and the sugar inside is not the kind that can cause obesity. I mean I don't count those since They are mostly low calorie and I am eating small quantities.



        So basically I eat:
  350 gs [Cucumber] + 300 gs [Tomatoes] + 200 gs [ Chicken breasts] + 2 eggs [Normal eggs] +


2 cups of kefir 200 mL/cup + fruit.

Cucumber and Tomatoes have low-calorie count 16Kcal/100g, chicken breasts 110 Kcal/100g, egg = 44Kcal, kefir 33Kcal/100mL.

Daily gain of calories = 3.5*16 + 3.0*16 + 2.0*110 + 2*44 + 2*2.0*33 = 544.

'WOW': some people will say. Well, the first week was like hell for me and I felt hungry all the times and looking for articles about the dangers of obesity to strengthen my will against pulling out. Now I am also hungry but it seems that this high protein diet is making the hunger bearable for me.


during the past two weeks, I did sports no more than 3-4 times. So basically I am just sitting all day or going to chat with friends, watching movies and lots of sedentary activities. Thus the major thing that is burning fat is my body itself - so I was told. a person of my height and weight [158.8 Kgs and 187cm] burns 3700 daily. Even though these kind of BMI calculators are far from accuracy it -somehow- represents reality since I lost 8Kgs in two weeks while I was on 600-700 daily diet so basically my body is consuming 3700 - 700 = 3000 Kcal daily which is 0.5Kg " 1 Kg = 6000 Kcal" it makes perfect sense that I am losing 0.5 Kg daily. I mean, someone will say it is so much perfect but the weight loss has not happened until recently because the body swings around a single pivot and if you drink water, for example, you will weigh more than if you weigh your self after 8 hours of fasting.

Here is a diagram of my progress with measurements for each time I measured my weight:

Weight loss measurements figure.




.
Basically, the goal is on 15-Aug I should weigh [120-125] which means 120/(1.87^2) = 34.4 which is obesity class 1 and the least harmful.

Anyway, I am now doing literally nothing even though I am planning to do some activity tomorrow's morning maybe another round of less tense swimming. 


18.06.2018: I went swimming again and luckily It was smooth trouble-free activity. I measured my weight after swimming It was [158.02-157.9] so yeah another 800 gs are out. I really regret not doing this during the semester. Anyway, this is the reality. my BMI now is 158/1.87^2 = 45.18. It was 47.47 when I started I am getting closer to obesity II. losing 2.3 Kg/m^2 did not cause me to feel anything different. maybe because the hunger and fatigue I am going through. 



No comments:

Post a Comment